thumbnail

All Writers Must Be Marketers

Posted on January 16th, 2017
Posted by Pete Alexis under Community
Leave a comment

John Grisham has been steadily producing best sellers since he published “The Firm” in 1991. The seven million copies plus a film adaptation (starring Tom Cruz) are standard operating procedures for Grisham: no fewer than 8 of his other best sellers have also been translated to the silver screen. Is there a secret behind this […]

Continue Reading
thumbnail

Doctors and Death

Posted on January 5th, 2017
Leave a comment

We recently read “Final Exam – A Surgeons Reflections on Mortality” by Pauline W. Chen. Talk about pulling back the curtain – Doctor Chen offers a candid, searing account of the death experience as seen through the eyes of a physician. Given that doctors are in the business of saving lives, the impact of failure […]

Continue Reading
thumbnail

Stunning Parade and Heart Stopping Rose Bowl Game

Posted on January 3rd, 2017
Leave a comment

Yesterday was a gala day for Pasadena, California. Shattering an all-time Rose Bowl scoring record – 101 points between USC and Penn State – plus a stunningly creative Tournament of Roses Parade made for a most memorable 2017 New Year’s celebration. Ranking as an absolutely remarkable football triumph, the […]

Continue Reading
thumbnail

At Years End 2016-2017

Posted on December 30th, 2016
Leave a comment

Over the Christmas holidays, I was able to finally finish off unpacking material my mother left behind after her passing. Grief certainly takes a while to process. Among the items I discovered was a complete set of “The World Book Encyclopedia” (published in 1957). The annual update yearbooks going into the 1960’s were also included. […]

Continue Reading
thumbnail

Happy Holidays in Film

Posted on December 23rd, 2016
Leave a comment

We here at Martin Oaks wish all you happy holidays 2016. As we did at Thanksgiving, let us remind that holiday traffic fatalities soar — especially during the Christmas and New Year’s weekends. We can provide plenty of firsthand testimony about how devastating these accidents can be: drive […]

Continue Reading